Forth Bridges Forum
The Forth Bridges Forum is a Transport Scotland-led management forum, established to make sure that those with a direct interest in the bridges – from local communities to motorists – stay at the heart of their operation and maintenance.
It also has the benefit of allowing the Queensferry Crossing, Forth Road Bridge and Forth Bridge to be promoted under a single banner.
The core members of the Forum are 1 or 2 senior officials from each of the organisations listed below.
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Fife Council
- Forth Bridges Unit Operating Company
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Network Rail
- Transport Scotland
- Visit Scotland
- West Lothian Council
The Forum is managed by Transport Scotland, on behalf of Scottish Ministers, and meets quarterly.
- To establish and oversee a strategic approach to the operation and maintenance of the Forth bridges
- To maintain effective engagement with local communities on issues that may affect, impact or be of interest to them
- To promote the location of the bridges spanning the Firth of Forth as a unique tourist destination
- Support the management of the World Heritage Site, following the successful nomination of the Forth Bridge in July 2015
- To develop and support schemes and measures to encourage an increase in cross-Forth active travel and sustainable public transport.